Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Tom Nichols <tm...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 19:46:59 UTC

Scan for timestamp > some time

Hi,

I'm interesting in scanning for all columns inserted _after_ a certain
timestamp.  The getScanner methods that take a timestamp return all
columns _before_ that time.  Is there any way for me to accomplish
what I'm trying to do without sending gobs of results over the wire
that I have no interest in?  Is this possible maybe via a
RowFilterInterface impl?

If it's not doable currently, is it a valid feature request?

Thanks in advance.
-Tom

Re: Scan for timestamp > some time

Posted by Tom Nichols <tm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the update.  Here's the feature request.

What's the timeline for the API redesign (HBASE-880)?  If possible, it
would be nice for this to be addressed sooner if that feature is still
a long ways away from a release.

Thanks.
-Tom

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>.