Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Yves Goergen <no...@unclassified.de> on 2006/08/26 10:12:16 UTC

ImageInfo plug-in and animated GIF images

Hello,

does anybody know when there'll be an update to the ImageInfo plug-in so
that it can detect that new animated images stuff? I keep getting more
of them and none is detected, whereas they have been detected formerly.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <no...@unclassified.de>
http://beta.unclassified.de – My web laboratory.

Re: ImageInfo plug-in and animated GIF images

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.
On Saturday 26 August 2006 06:54, Yves Goergen wrote:
> > I've never seen an animated gif spam, but I suspect the creator of such
> > is a member of this mailing list, because this stuff is appearing almost
> > in parallel with the new plugins.
>
> Shall I send you an example?

No thanks.  My point was not to cast doubt on you, simply to point out
how odd it is that the spammers have so quickly moved to animation
in a way not designed to attract more attention, but merely in an
attempt to hide from the STILL ALPHA image scan plug in.

Since maybe 35 people are using the plug-in, the only way to know
about it and try to hide from it would be to surf this list.  Its long
been rumored that spammers monitor this list, although so many of
them are so clueless its hard to believe.

And the plug-in already has the technology to defeat this!!

--
_____________________________________
John Andersen

Re: ImageInfo plug-in and animated GIF images

Posted by Yves Goergen <no...@unclassified.de>.
On 26.08.2006 10:18 CE(S)T, John Andersen wrote:
> On Saturday 26 August 2006 00:12, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> does anybody know when there'll be an update to the ImageInfo plug-in so
>> that it can detect that new animated images stuff? I keep getting more
>> of them and none is detected, whereas they have been detected formerly.
>
> Really? Animated gifs were detected formerly?  Then the solution is obvious
> simply pull the imageinfo plugin.

No, static images were detected. I haven't seen it in detail, but today
I noticed that my mailer showed an animation in the picture, but it
wasn't reproducible.

Posted by John Andersen <js...@pen.homeip.net>.