Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com> on 2013/04/26 11:14:50 UTC

Re: qpid proton brokered usage

Hi Maki,

I'm not aware of any such example.  However, I do have a few suggestions to
get you started.

Alan Conway wrote up some ideas [1] about using Proton to perform message
routing, which may overlap with your use case.

To achieve what you want, one of your first choices would be to choose
between Proton's Messenger or its lower-level Engine API.  There are some
examples of their usage in the system tests in the proton/tests/python
folder (albeit via a thin Python layer to abstract away the choice between
proton-j and proton-c).  There are also some examples of Messenger usage in
the proton/examples folder.

Note that proton-c and proton-j deliberately expose similar APIs so if you
happen to find relevant C-based examples they should be easy to translate
into Java.

Also note that I've changed the distribution list to proton@ rather than
users@.  I'll address some non-proton dimensions of this question on the
original thread.