Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/06/01 07:53:06 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Switch to SVN

> if we switch to SVN do you care if we don't import the history
> from CVS?

Yes!  Frankly, I'm disturbed to even see this as a question, but I suppose
that it helps to bring the issue to the fore.

> If we don't import, the history will always be available via
> the existing CVS repository, so nothing will be lost.

Don't assume that CVS will continue to be available.  Furthermore, once a
file has been shuffled around within SVN for a few years, how is someone
going to track back to its CVS history?

I will stress mandatory preservation of history from inception.  AFAIAC, it
will always be preserved.

	--- Noel