Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/11 09:52:51 UTC

priority of Maven Repos (Maven Central and Bintray)

Hi,

In PR #929 [1], we add jcenter.bintary.com as a new maven repo (in root
pom.xml) to download a mqtt dependency jar.

However, today when I compiled IoTDB source code from a new PC (i.e., my
local .m2/repository folder is empty),  I find many dependencies, e.g.,
junit, jline, etc., are downloaded from bintray..

The terrible thing is, the download speed from the bintray repo is far
slower than maven central.. (at least in my network environment).

So, does someone know how to define the priority of multiply maven repos?

Or, can we move the new maven repo definition to sub modules?

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/929

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: priority of Maven Repos (Maven Central and Bintray)

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks, Willem and Xin Wang.

I tried and it works.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月12日周日 下午2:06写道:

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The fixing has been included in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/1031

- Xin

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月12日周日 上午8:39写道:

> Normally maven use the central repo by default, and it just flow the
> repo definition in the pom to download the jars[1][2].
> If we need to download center jar which is not provided by central
> repo, we could put the repo to submodule pom to avoid this problem.
> BTW,  if we can download the mqtt related jars from central repo, it's
> better we don't add any extra repo in the root pom.
>
> [1]
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5325407/how-to-set-order-of-repositories-in-maven-settings-xml/5325685#5325685
> [2]http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-repositories.html
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 5:53 PM Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In PR #929 [1], we add jcenter.bintary.com as a new maven repo (in root
> > pom.xml) to download a mqtt dependency jar.
> >
> > However, today when I compiled IoTDB source code from a new PC (i.e., my
> > local .m2/repository folder is empty),  I find many dependencies, e.g.,
> > junit, jline, etc., are downloaded from bintray..
> >
> > The terrible thing is, the download speed from the bintray repo is far
> > slower than maven central.. (at least in my network environment).
> >
> > So, does someone know how to define the priority of multiply maven repos?
> >
> > Or, can we move the new maven repo definition to sub modules?
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/929
> >
> > Best,
> > Xiangdong Huang
> > School of Software, Tsinghua University
> >
> >  黄向东
> > 清华大学 软件学院

Xin

Re: priority of Maven Repos (Maven Central and Bintray)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.