Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Christian Tzolov <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/12 20:20:43 UTC

How generate spark-rpm from a custom build Spark tarball?

OOB spark-rpm downloads the bigtop.mk#SPARK_BASE_VERSION Spark tarball form
the apache archive: http://archive.apache.org/dist/spark

So I can change the bigtop.mk#SPARK_BASE_VERSION to the latest  1.4.0 and
build proper RPMs for this version.

But if i need to create my own Spark tarball assembly that enables flags
like -Phive and -Phive-thriftserver ... then what is the best way to point
Bigtop to my custom assembly and generate rpms for it?

Would appreciate any suggestions!

Cheers,
Christian

Re: How generate spark-rpm from a custom build Spark tarball?

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for bringing this up Christian.

We encourage people to open up bigtop and build their own distributions, so it's great to see you doing this.  Let us know how it works for you and we'll be here to answer questions.

In general, For build options you often want to look at the do-component-build file, which is the part that compiles the maven artifacts.

For example https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/common/mahout/do-component-build for mahout and so on.

Posted by Christian Tzolov <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi.