Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Piekorz Martin <pi...@primion.de> on 2008/06/05 10:11:00 UTC

[TRINIDAD] tr:table rowSelection by clicking anywhere on the row also highlight row if mouseover

Hello @ all,

Trying to get something like this:
On the left a table containing name and first name of persons
On the right a table containing some details of the selected person

If my mouse enters a row of the persons table, I want to highlight this row (by changing background in css).  If I leave this row, I want to change the background of this table row back to the original state.
Secondly, I want a user to be able to click anywhere in the persons table row (so not just on the actual data), and perform a reload of my page (to show the details of that person on the right).

Does someone knows if this is supported by tr:table or have I to implement this with javascript?

Thank you.

Best regards
Martin

Re: [TRINIDAD] tr:table rowSelection by clicking anywhere on the row also highlight row if mouseover

Posted by Zigc Junk <zi...@gmail.com>.
I guess you have to implement it with javascript. The bottom line is
that trinidad will eventually render all components in html. To do
what you described, you will have to hook up the onclick,  etc. with
javascript code.

Another option is to use the detail facet. With that, you can click on
a row and show/hide the detail right below the selected row.

regard

Bill