Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Thomas Langston <th...@mongodb.com.INVALID> on 2019/07/11 17:09:08 UTC

Understanding SSLHandshakeException: No subject alternative DNS name throw by ivy

Hello,

I'm getting the following SSL error when trying to resolve packages
from atlassian's artifactory repo via ivy.

[ivy:retrieve] Server access error at url
https://packages.atlassian.com/repository/public/net/minidev/json-smart/(javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
No subject alternative DNS name matching packages.atlassian.com
found.)

However, when I view the certificate in Chrome or Firefox, it appears
valid. The Subject Alternative Name extension has the following
values.

Not Critical
DNS Name: *.atlassian.com
DNS Name: atlassian.com

Is this an error on my side or atlassian's? How would I go about
solving it, preferably without disabling any SSL security?

Thanks,

Thomas Langston

Re: Understanding SSLHandshakeException: No subject alternative DNS name throw by ivy

Posted by Thomas Langston <th...@mongodb.com.INVALID>.
Confirmed that updating my AdoptOpenJDK from 11.0.1 to 11.0.3 solves the issue.

Thanks!

-Thomas Langston

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.