Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/03/06 13:05:47 UTC

testcases in same dir?

Hi,

Can someone give me the reason why ants testcases are all in the same package
as the components they test? Given that all of our tests are blackbox and
most (all?) use the public APIs to perform tests this seems very oddd to me.

Is there a reason for this? Were they originally whitbox or accessing
protected/package level classes/methods or something?

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: testcases in same dir?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> Given that all of our tests are blackbox and most (all?) use the
> public APIs to perform tests this seems very oddd to me.

I'm not sure this is true - some of them use protected methods,
especially those that I've marked with
unless="tests.and.ant.share.classloader".

> Is there a reason for this?

Making it possible to test protected and package private methods.

Stefan

Re: testcases in same dir?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Is there an issue where we are testing something protected or package level
and shouldn't be?

I typically place my test cases in the same package just for that very
reason, but then again, I don't write any code that uses package scoped
access and don't use protected that much either.

    Erik