Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <je...@cisco.com> on 2014/02/06 03:14:10 UTC

Questions about network related support for jClouds

Hi Devs,

I have the need to specify additional network related parameters when creating an instance of an OpenStack cartridge.   These parameters include the following:

  1.  A list of networks (uuids) to associate with the list of network interfaces defined in the cartridge
  2.  For a given network/interface, specify an IP address to be used instead of being assigned a random IP from the network
  3.  A floating IP to be used for the instance

With the jClouds version 1.7 and later, CreateServerOptions.networks() fulfills item #1 (please seee https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-416, )

Can someone give me some pointers on whether items #2 and #3 are also supported.   If not, I would appreciate some pointers, tips on how to extend the existing API to support them.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
-Jeffrey