Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/30 13:12:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.32.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.32.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.32.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1139

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12342986

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1139</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.32.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.32.0

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

I performed the following tests
* verified signatures and checksums
* built from sources
* run Qpid Broker-J integration tests against master using profiles
java-mms.1-0 and java-bdb.1-0
  mvn clean verify -DskipITs=false -Djava-bdb.1-0

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1 ... I used the staging repo and run the new version against different
versions of the C++ broker. All seems to work fine.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 04/30/2018 09:12 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.32.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.32.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1139
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12342986
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1139</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.32.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked the LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify licence headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests, all good.
- Built Qpid Broker-J master against the staging repo, ran the tests,
ran the joram tests, all good.
- Built ActiveMQ Artemis master and ran its AMQP tests using the
staging repo, all good.
- Ran HelloWorld example from bin archive against the qpid-broker-j
and artemis brokers.

Robbie

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1
* ran apache rat-check
* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvnverify
with Java 1.8.0_162 on Mac OS X 10.11.6)
* ran Broker-J's JMS integration test suite (mvn clean verify
-DskipTests=true -DskipITs=false) against the staged Maven artefacts
* adhoc AMQP 1.0 websocket testing.

I notice QPIDJMS-383 has a typo in its description (coping rather than copying).

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.