Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/07 02:19:25 UTC

Adding release callbacks to ObjectFactory

Hi,

I'm adding some new methods to the internal ObjectFactory
(releaseInstance() and releaseAll()) which are intended to serve as
callbacks for lifecycle management of objects that were "created" from
ObjectFactory.

releaseInstance() releases a specific instance and I intend to use
this mostly for objects created during the request cycle.

releaseAll() releases all known objects created by the ObjectFactory.
I intend to use this mainly for releasing singletons at the end of the
application.

The above should help for callbacks (@PreDestroy) and JCDI and provide
a more complete lifecycle management for potentially other uses.

If anyone has any issue with this, please reply.

Thanks.

Re: Adding release callbacks to ObjectFactory

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
No complaints here.  It's the right thing todo given the scenarios you
presented.

-N

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant.luk@gmail
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             06/06/2010 07:19                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Adding release callbacks to
             Please respond to         ObjectFactory