Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Kai Huang <ka...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/17 23:37:20 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-736: Report the true end to end fetch latency

Hi all,

I'd like to bump up this discussion thread on KIP-736.

I think this would be a useful metric from a monitoring perspective especially when troubleshooting or diagnosing issues. I've tested the fetch latency metric in Twitter's production environment, and provided some examples to illustrate how this metric can be used:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-736%3A+Report+the+true+end+to+end+fetch+latency

Please give it a look and let me know what you think.

Kai