Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jennifer Lopez <lo...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/09 16:53:55 UTC

Hadoop Tutorial help

I am going through the tutorial presented @
http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module3.html#vm-jobs

I have installed vmware and hadoop virtual machine. This tutorial talks
about hadoop 0.18.0 version and states that the compilation would be done
in the windows host machine.  I want to try out simple examples.

And now I see that this hadoop 0.18.0 version is not availble @ apache
hadoop website.

How do I go ahead now? Are any other Hadoop virtual machines available for
such tutorials?
Any info would be highly appreciated.

-- Lopez

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jennifer Lopez <lo...@gmail.com>.
also, my tasktracker.log states that the task tracker was not created at
all.

2012-12-11 14:57:47,118 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: Can not
start task tracker because java.io.IOException: Failed to set permissions
of path: \tmp\hadoop-XXXXX\mapred\local\taskTracker to 0755
i tried setting the permissions to this folder exclusively by chmod or
so... but that never works....

I am currently using hadoop-1.1.1 version and after some googling, i
found out that moving to other releases is alternate solution. Is that so?

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jennifer Lopez <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jennifer Lopez <lo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jennifer Lopez <lo...@gmail.com>.

RE: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>.

RE: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>.

RE: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>.

RE: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>.

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
I typically suggest Cloudera to get packaged VMs:

https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Demo+VMs

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

 You can download the latest CDH VM from here :
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Cloudera%27s+Hadoop+Demo+VM+for+CDH4

It uses Hadoop 2.x. If you want to work on Hadoop 1.x you have to go for
CDH3. Complete package info is given here :
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/DOC/CDH+Version+and+Packaging+Information#CDHVersionandPackagingInformation-id511647

If you need some help on the installation part you can go here :
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/CDH4+Installation+Guide

HTH

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Enviados: Domingo, 9 de Diciembre 2012 10:53:55
Asunto: Hadoop Tutorial help

http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help