Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Kirchen Karl <100625>, 77...@hyperreal.org, on 1997/11/05 16:58:20 UTC

mod_proxy/1364: cache filenames with wrong characters ":" in the proxy modul - see also bug #1315

>Number:         1364
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       cache filenames with wrong characters ":" in the proxy modul - see also bug #1315
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When using apache 1.3b2 on Windows Nt there is a problem in the proxy modul as
well as in the access control modul looking for the htaccess file.

The bug #1315 can be surroundet by doing a fix in directory main module util.c.
there the filename / Path includes ":" . this is forbidden in NT. therefore we added a loop, changing all ":" accept the first one from the drive letter to "_".
in the conf file we also changed then ".htaccess" to "htaccess"
nevertheless the same problem occurs when apache generated the cachfilenames/ Pathnames. here also ":" are used eg. "proxy:http:" . As i can't find aout where the variable are used on other places , i wasn't able to fix that problem.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I found that the tricky part is that in the proxy-modules (and related) the url and the constant "proxy:" is used with different meanings - also the variabl "scheme". I think the problem can be surrounded if the author of the modules - only he knows the dependencies - could add a little function which converts the komplete url to an OS specific full qualified filename (for Nt with driveletter ...)
%0