Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Asghar Rahmani <as...@gmx.de> on 2012/08/17 11:51:21 UTC

[Announcing Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1]

 Hello everybody

Encouraging  News! Many thanks.

A few  comments  to this Ammounce :

1. About the 3. link, which refers to downloading  the AOO 3.4.1:
On the download page I can only find the
OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_....exe ! If it is the V 3.4.1,
then please update the static content of the download- page soon.

2. Some info about update of an already deployed V3.4.0 to V3.4.1 is
missing. Right?
Suggestion: include titled text-section about this update in „Release
Note“ (and even in this announce too?),
since many endusers may need this information.

Greetings,
Asghar

Re: [Announcing Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1]

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
We are preparing for the release. No release and no official announcement yet.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Asghar Rahmani <as...@gmx.de>.
 Hello Rob, we will talk certainly about it and other subjects,
associated with AOO users.
(It´s too soon for me now.)

A nice day for everybody,
Asghar

PS
At the time being, I´m just  trying to get a general (but solid)
overview and understanding about ODF toolkit
and AOO (UNOIDL, JURE, SDK). I see it´s really need time.  I followed
your tip and busy with the ODF spec too.

Re: [Announcing Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1]

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Asghar Rahmani <as...@gmx.de> wrote:
>  Hello everybody
>
> Encouraging  News! Many thanks.
>
> A few  comments  to this Ammounce :
>
> 1. About the 3. link, which refers to downloading  the AOO 3.4.1:
> On the download page I can only find the
> OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_....exe ! If it is the V 3.4.1,
> then please update the static content of the download- page soon.

That was just a draft announcement, allowing some time for review, so
when the AOO 3.4.1 release is approved and the files uploaded we can
go directly to the announcement without additional delay.

> 2. Some info about update of an already deployed V3.4.0 to V3.4.1 is
> missing. Right?
> Suggestion: include titled text-section about this update in „Release
> Note“ (and even in this announce too?),
> since many endusers may need this information.

What kind of additional information do you think AOO 3.4.0 users need?

-Rob