Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mu...@aol.com on 2009/04/01 17:35:36 UTC

Action an overused term?

We are at the point where in many cases we will want an action to
1. implement Action (for configuration by convention purposes) and also
2. use the @Action annotation
So we are faced with either using fully qualified names for one of the 'Action's or taking the route of extending ActionSupport and losing the chance to extend anything else. Perhaps in later versions we could have fewer things called Action?
Chris M

Re: Action an overused term?

Posted by mu...@aol.com.

 Maybe we should start calling them struts2 beans or something. It might also lessen the frequency of people thinking they are functionally the same as Struts 1 actions.
Chris

And that is why I love Groovy's "import something as somethingelse" :)

musachy

Re: Action an overused term?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.