Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by skyfire0 <sk...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2004/03/06 14:28:43 UTC

[custom components] Woody validator

Hello

I'm have to write custom validator. This validator need to read some files,
so I belive it needs reference to SourceResolver.
SourceResolver is not Avalon component, so I cannot obtain it via
component manager. Do you have any suggestions, walkarounds  ?

ps
sorry for bad English
--
Best regards,
 skyfire

Re[2]: [custom components] Woody validator

Posted by skyfire0 <sk...@poczta.onet.pl>.
Hello Reinhard,

Saturday, March 6, 2004, 7:23:57 PM, you wrote:

[...]
RP> The SourceResolver *is* an Avalon component since 2.1. There should be
RP> many examples in the source code of Cocoon showing this.

OK thanks, I used a obsolate documentation ;)

I've created class thats implements WidgetValidator, it works... it does
simple validation. Next I wanted to obtain SourceResolver - so I
implemented Serviceable interface; problem is that 'public void
service(ServiceManager manager)' method is never called :/ It seems
that validators are not treated as other components ... what i'm doing
wrong? maybe there is another way ?

--
Best regards,
 skyfire