Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2004/08/02 19:09:13 UTC

current test failures

I haven't run my nightly builds in a while, but I get the following failures
against 2.0.46 at the moment:

t/apr-ext/table.........................ok 42/52/perl/perl-5.8.4/bin/perl:
relocation error:
/src/mod_perl-2.0/blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/Table/Table.so: undefined
symbol: apr_table_compress

 t/api/request_rec.t has a handful of failures but looks like it is
autogenerated, which may be the cause of the error - right now it's under
cvs control so it may be out of date.

--Geoff

Re: current test failures

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>  t/api/request_rec.t has a handful of failures but looks like it is
>> autogenerated, which may be the cause of the error - right now it's under
>> cvs control so it may be out of date.
>

> Yes, it's no longer autogenerated. You didn't check the output of 'cvs
> up', you had collisions which you needed to resolve by removing
> t/api/request_rec.t
>
> a better approach is to run t/TEST -clean before running 'cvs up'.

Actually I think it's not the collision, but t/TEST -clean removing the
newly checked out file. So:

t/TEST -clean
cvs up t/api/request_rec.t

should do the trick :)

Re: current test failures

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>>  /* added in APACHE_2_0_47/APR_0_9_4 */
>>> void apr_table_compress(apr_table_t *t, unsigned flags);
>>

>> Ah, this is a _15 showstopper, we need to cut out the broken support
>> for 2.0.46, make it 2.0.47, and document that. At the moment it just
>> won't compile with 2.0.46.
>>
>> Geoff, what was the XXX for 0_46 in the code/tests to clean things up?
>

> I've fixed Makefile.PL to require 2.0.47 and I've checked the rest, so
> it looks that we are good on this part.

yeah, sorry.  I guess I removed the 2.0.46-specific code and other bumps but
forgot to address the Makefile.PL.  sorry.

--Geoff

Re: current test failures

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>  /* added in APACHE_2_0_47/APR_0_9_4 */
>> void apr_table_compress(apr_table_t *t, unsigned flags);
>

> Ah, this is a _15 showstopper, we need to cut out the broken support for
> 2.0.46, make it 2.0.47, and document that. At the moment it just won't
> compile with 2.0.46.
>
> Geoff, what was the XXX for 0_46 in the code/tests to clean things up?

I've fixed Makefile.PL to require 2.0.47 and I've checked the rest, so it
looks that we are good on this part. It's just that I can't test with
2.0.47, as it won't start for me.

Re: current test failures

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: current test failures

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: current test failures

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Re: current test failures

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>

>>>I haven't run my nightly builds in a while, but I get the following
>>>failures
>>>against 2.0.46 at the moment:
>>>
>>>t/apr-ext/table.........................ok
>>>42/52/perl/perl-5.8.4/bin/perl:
>>>relocation error:
>>>/src/mod_perl-2.0/blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/Table/Table.so: undefined
>>>symbol: apr_table_compress
>>

>>That sounds familiar. We provide the backcompat layer for that function,
>>remember? I think you added it. :)
>

> yes, I remember.  IIRC it is in modperl_apache_compat, but only so that I
> can use apr_table_compress in mod_perl internally.  the proper solution here
> is to only support apr_table_compress in APR if APR itself supports it.  I'm
> not familiar enough with what you guys are doing in the separation process
> to know how to go about that.

ah, now it's clear. it's implemented in 2.0.47, right?
Hmm, 2.0.47 was released a year ago. Do you think we may be should just
drop 2.0.46? I wonder how many 2.0.46 users are out there. Poll the list?

If not we need to add the C compat layer object to the APR.so linking,
which shouldn't be too hard to do.

>>> t/api/request_rec.t has a handful of failures but looks like it is
>>>autogenerated, which may be the cause of the error - right now it's under
>>>cvs control so it may be out of date.
>>

>>Yes, it's no longer autogenerated. You didn't check the output of 'cvs
>>up', you had collisions which you needed to resolve by removing
>>t/api/request_rec.t
>

> yes, I saw the collisions, and I removed the file.  your other suggestion
> made things work.  thanks.

Excellent!

Re: current test failures

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.