Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in> on 2013/09/03 13:47:01 UTC

running hawtio in standalone camel app

Hi

How to run  http://hawt.io/ <http://hawt.io/>   hawtio in standalone camel
app?

I tried this

    	io.hawt.embedded.Main hawtioMain=new io.hawt.embedded.Main();

    	hawtioMain.setContextPath("/hawtio");
    	hawtioMain.setPort(8000);
    	hawtioMain.setWar("D:\\camelworkspace\\camelactivemq");
    	hawtioMain.run();

    	AbstractApplicationContext applicationContext = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
				"classpath:/META-INF/spring/camel-context*.xml");
        Main main = new Main();
        main.setApplicationContext(applicationContext);
        main.enableHangupSupport();
        main.addRouteBuilder(new CustomeRouteBuilder());
        CamelContext
camelContext=applicationContext.getBean(CamelContext.class);
        camelContext.addService(new DatabaseService());
       main.run(args);

hawtioMain.run() is blocking and the control is not returning  to load
camel, Is there any way I can run this?

-----
Regards

kiran Reddy

Re: running hawtio in standalone camel app

Posted by kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in>.
Thanks

-----

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
One quick option is to run hawtio stand alone via its executable jar
then connect to any other JVM:
http://hawt.io/getstarted/index.html

Though if you want to run hawtio & camel stand alone, outside of a
container (by embedding an internal Jetty container under the covers)
I raised this issue to enable it:
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/issues/508

Its now fixed in master; I'll cut 1.2-M11 shortly with this fix. So
you can now either call:

  main.run(false);

or

  main.setJoinServerThread(false);

On 3 September 2013 12:47, kiranreddykasa <ki...@fss.co.in> wrote:
> Hi
>
> How to run  http://hawt.io/ <http://hawt.io/>   hawtio in standalone camel
> app?
>
> I tried this
>

>         io.hawt.embedded.Main hawtioMain=new io.hawt.embedded.Main();
>
>         hawtioMain.setContextPath("/hawtio");
>         hawtioMain.setPort(8000);
>         hawtioMain.setWar("D:\\camelworkspace\\camelactivemq");
>         hawtioMain.run();
>
>         AbstractApplicationContext applicationContext = new
> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
>                                 "classpath:/META-INF/spring/camel-context*.xml");
>         Main main = new Main();
>         main.setApplicationContext(applicationContext);
>         main.enableHangupSupport();
>         main.addRouteBuilder(new CustomeRouteBuilder());
>         CamelContext
> camelContext=applicationContext.getBean(CamelContext.class);
>         camelContext.addService(new DatabaseService());
>        main.run(args);
>

> hawtioMain.run() is blocking and the control is not returning  to load
> camel, Is there any way I can run this?
>

> -----
> Regards
>
> kiran Reddy