Posted to issues@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> on 2010/06/07 21:03:47 UTC

[math] Re: [Wish] Make string WRONG_ORDER_ENDPOINTS_MESSAGE public

Le 07/06/2010 17:43, Ole Ersoy a écrit :

First, could you add the commons component name (here math) in bracket
in the subject line when posting to this list ? The list is shared among
all commons components and this helps filtering.

> I'm overriding cumulativeProbability and inverseCumulativeProbability on
> AbstractIntegerDistribution, and was wondering whether the
> OUT_OF_RANGE_POINT and WRONG_ORDER_ENDPOINTS_MESSAGE strings could be
> made public, such that the sub classes can have consistent exception
> messages?  Let me know if I should file a ticket.

Yes, you should file a ticket in our JIRA system. I think protected
would be a better visibility specification than public in that case.

Regards
Luc