Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Jenn Turner <je...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2016/01/26 21:47:27 UTC

Draft of the Weekly News

Hi!

Here’s what I have for the weekly news so far. If you have suggestions or corrections I would love to hear them ☺️

CouchDB Weekly Meeting

Major Discussions
Compiling snappy under Windows (https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Zajurx3o95vrdyj)
Getting people to test CouchDB 2.0 alpha releases (https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Z2751hecgfb962y)
Mango Catch All Selector (https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Z4rary5ug1652we)
Docker (https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Zsmyxblplnaqm10)

Releases in the CouchDB universe

PouchDB
[express-pouchdb-jwt 1.0.1](https://www.npmjs.com/package/express-pouchdb-jwt) (Node) – Authenticate PouchDB using JSON Web Token
[react-native-pouchdb](https://github.com/carbureted/react-native-pouchdb) –Hacky way to run pouchdb in react-native
[hoodie-client-store-ashley 1.0.2](https://www.npmjs.com/package/hoodie-client-store-ashley) – pouchdb with Hoodie's Store API

Opinions and other news in the CouchDB universe

[TRAINING] CouchDB Training in Burleson, TX (http://techjobs.sulekha.com/couchdb_classroom_training_in_burleson-tx)

… and in the PouchDB Universe

CouchDB use cases, questions and answers
Stack Overflow:
Couchdb: Read a View in Java
JSON in CouchDB strange behavior
Couchdb and pouchdb are not storing info in the same place
Catching incoming couchdb documents

No public answer:
Slow CouchDB queries, is this normal?
CouchDB: Performance dynamic and static content
How to know CouchDB has changed in IONIC app?
Node js, put request with couchdb

PouchDB use cases, questions and answers
Stack Overflow:

No public answer:
how to prevent users from overwriting each other's data
when destroy and after that create new pouchdb using of newly created db fails
authentication pouchdb for login

Get involved!
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in https://couchdb.influitive.com/!
CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on l10n@couchdb.apache.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!

Events
Feb 2 http://www.meetup.com/CouchDB-Meetup-Hamburg/events/226859021/
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cloud-db-day-austin-registration-20279389199?aff=twitter
February 09, Saint Louis (MO), US: Mobile & Web sync with CouchDB, Couchbase Lite, and PouchDB
http://lanyrd.com/2016/confoo/sdxwzk/

Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
Senior Server-Side Developer
Senior Software Developer
Developer
DevOps Engineer
Scala/Java Backend Developer (m/f) (Munich, Germany)

Time to relax!

...and also in the news
Caltech Researchers Find Evidence of a Real Ninth Planet (http://www.caltech.edu/news/caltech-researchers-find-evidence-real-ninth-planet-49523#sthash.zH4Py6DG.dpuf)
Tesla and Airbnb are giving travelers a new way to get away. http://s.airbnb.com/tesla#tesla/home
David Bowie: astronomers give the Starman his own constellation http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/18/david-bowie-astronomers-give-the-starman-his-own-constellation

—
Jenn Turner
The Neighbourhoodie Software GmbH
Adalbertstr. 7-8, 10999 Berlin
neighbourhood.ie

Handelsregister HRB 157851 B Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführung: Jan Lehnardt

Re: Draft of the Weekly News

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Jenn,

There is also a new release of pouchdb-find (0.9.0) (https://github.com/nolanlawson/pouchdb-find <https://github.com/nolanlawson/pouchdb-find>) the fixes are - Bug fixes for $elemMatch. Rewrite of in-memory operator

Cheers
Garren