Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 03:44:51 UTC

Can I configure multiple M/Rs and normal processes to one workflow?

Hello all.

We're periodically scan HBase tables to aggregate statistic information,
and store it to MySQL.

We have 3 kinds of CP (kind of data source), each has one Channel and one
Article table.
(Channel : Article is 1:N relation.)

All CPs table schema are different a bit, so in order to aggregate we
should apply different logics, with joining Channel and Article.

I've thought about workflow like this, but I wonder it can make sense.

1. run single process which initializes MySQL by creating table, deleting
row, etc.
2. run 3 M/Rs simultaneously to aggregate statistic information for each
CP, and insert rows  per Channel to MySQL.
3. run single process which finalizes whole aggregation - runs aggregation
query from MySQL to insert new row to MySQL, rolling table, etc.

Definitely 1,2,3 should be run in a row.

Any helps are really appreciated!
Thanks.

Regards.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Re: Can I configure multiple M/Rs and normal processes to one workflow?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. Can Oozie handle this workflow?

I think so.
Better confirm on oozie mailing list.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
I see this frequently as long runninng output phase to relational db's. So
your experience is reasonable. Sometimes it is possible to partition the
mysequel table, but if you need agreggates over the whole, you are sort of
stuck.

(Good luck,  may your business case never require you to run a single long
query ;{)

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.