Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by li jerry <di...@hotmail.com> on 2019/12/09 07:12:31 UTC

回复: unpublished parameter for resetpasswordforvirtualmachine

No. we need to implement user-defined passwords instead of randomly generating them. So I went to look up the code.

I see an unopened parameter password on https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cloudstack/api/command/user/vm/ResetVMPasswordCmd.java#L60,

I want to enable the password parameter and let the user pass the user-defined password through the API

Posted by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch>.
Just for my understanding: What is the reason that you need user-defined passwords?

Ideally, you shouldn't even need a password at all. Log in using SSH keys instead, which *can* be provisioned by users.
Are you deploying Windows VMs, perhaps?

But I suppose you could expose the parameter, then gate the generateRandomPassword() call with a check if password is null.

Not sure if this is something that would be accepted in the CloudStack code base though...