Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Joel Brownstein <jo...@mac.com> on 2001/05/16 02:21:50 UTC

SOAP2.1 with tomcat 4.0Beta

I'd like to work with the new servlet API's and so I just erected Tomcat
4.0 Beta,
and am very pleased with its performance at port 8080.

I now have SOAP v2.1 working with Tomcat 3.2.1 which I have placed at
port 8880.

BUT why doesn't SOAPv2.1 seem to not work with Catalina?

Re: SOAP2.1 with tomcat 4.0Beta

Posted by Damian Fauth <da...@aus.sun.com>.
Hi Joel,

Catalina uses a different class loading model to the tomcat 3.* series,
so if you follow the tomcat instructions in the soap distribution, when
the soap web application is loaded it will not be able to find
org.apache.soap.* or the SAX classes needed. I was able to get
tomcat4.0b2 working with apache-soap by putting xerces.jar and soap.jar
into the lib directory under WEB-INF in my web application.

Hope this helps,

Damian

Joel Brownstein wrote:

> I'd like to work with the new servlet API's and so I just erected Tomcat
> 4.0 Beta,
> and am very pleased with its performance at port 8080.
>
> I now have SOAP v2.1 working with Tomcat 3.2.1 which I have placed at
> port 8880.
>
> BUT why doesn't SOAPv2.1 seem to not work with Catalina?

Damian Fauth                               damian.fauth@aus.sun.com
Java Architect, Sun Professional Services              Ph 9466 1463
Sun Microsystems Australia Pty. Ltd.
33 Berry Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060      http://www.sun.com.au

Re: SOAP2.1 with tomcat 4.0Beta

Posted by Damian Fauth <da...@aus.sun.com>.