Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/04/12 09:34:01 UTC

CS | CentOS Upgrade

Hello CS Family;

I wanted to ask, if I were to proceed in a YUM update -- What would happen with 4.0.1 CS installation. I do not want my kernel etc to become outdated or be a result of a compromise due to my not upgrading. Right now i am using KVM | Cent OS | 6.3

Thanks,

 - Maurice

Re: CS | CentOS Upgrade

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
Hi,

On 04/12/2013 09:34 AM, Maurice Lawler wrote:
> Hello CS Family;
>
> I wanted to ask, if I were to proceed in a YUM update -- What would happen with 4.0.1 CS installation. I do not want my kernel etc to become outdated or be a result of a compromise due to my not upgrading. Right now i am using KVM | Cent OS | 6.3

Nothing should happen. As long as you don't delete your MySQL database
(which YUM won't do) it will all keep running.

The mgmt server is just Java, so that's all.

Wido