Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/17 21:21:27 UTC

petstore commits : +1's from Rnowling ok ?

Hi bigtop.

Is it okay for us to commit bigtop-bigpetstore/ updates if RJ +1's them  ?

--
jay vyas

Re: petstore commits : +1's from Rnowling ok ?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
sure!

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
thats a good fallback if folks are against outsider +1 being
sufficient.     I'll bump the vote thread on this to see if thats really
the case.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I have expressed my detailed opinion on the [VOTE] thread about this. One more
thing I'd like to add here.

In general, I like the idea of branch-committers, but I don't see this as a
very helpful mechanism for us, considering the agility of Bigtop. It might be
a good idea for, say, Hadoop, where it is getting almost impossible to commit
anything as _any_ change is being considered as a potentially harmful. Which
is not surprise, considering how entangled, rigid, and fragile the Hadoop code
is.

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks bruno,

I see what you mean. I think there has been alot of thought on this.

I'm sure commitership will naturally evolve in due time given RJ's hard
work on the data generator, as it has for other contributors.

Till then, we don't need special +1 rights or anything.

Onwards and upwards w/ lambda pet store !

Posted by Bruno Mahé <br...@bmahe.net>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Mahé <br...@bmahe.net>.
Why not make RJ a commiter?

 From my understanding a review has at least 2 parts:

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
sure ! Makes sense.  I will make a more formal email proposal

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.