Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Sales <sa...@sealsco.com> on 2001/11/20 23:14:56 UTC

Tomcat shutdown error

Hello,
I've recently installed Tomcat-4.0.1 and am running it on RH 7.2 with apache
1.3.22.  Occasionally, when I shut down tomcat using
bin/catalina.sh stop,
I get the following exception and stack trace dump:

Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:320)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:133)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:826)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:683)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

I don't know if I've got it configured incorrectly or what, but does anyone
know what might be causing this?  It's like it's not even running, even
though it's in the process list via ps -A.

Re: Tomcat shutdown error

Posted by John & Valerie Dobbs <jd...@earthlink.net>.

RE: Tomcat shutdown error