Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christopher Yates <CA...@co.stark.oh.us> on 2005/03/04 15:16:37 UTC

How do you guys handle this?

How do you handle components updating the page they are on?

For example,

I have a component that when clicked will pass information about what
they clicked to the page containing the component so that it can do some
work and then update other components on the same page.
The way I'm doing it now, which doesn't seem to work very well, is pass
a listener parameter through each level of components with
direction="auto".  So, Page A calls Component C with
listener="pageListener", Component C calls Component D with
listener="ognl:listener" and D calls E with listener="ognl:listener" and
so on...

It worked okay the first time I used this approach.  But now I have
added a new component which eventually uses the same component as the
first one.  When I click the DirectLink that calls the listener, the
listener for the Page that is passed through is executed, however after
executing it returns a blank page.  Even if I put
cycle.activate("Home");.

Thanks.

-
Chris Yates