Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/12/15 17:30:51 UTC

Re: Hadoop and Hbase compatibility

(-hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org, +user@hbase.apache.org)

What error message are you seeing when you try to start HBase?

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.

Re: Hadoop and Hbase compatibility

Posted by Michel Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
You may want to consider making a set of symbolic links. So you would link hadoop.jar to the correct Hadoop version (whichever flavor you run.) and the link Hadoop.jar in HBase to that hadoop.jar in $HADOOP_HOME. (/usr/lib/hadoop in Cloudera's release as an example)

Mike Segel

Posted by Stack <sa...@gmail.com>.
I added a note to troubleshooting section.   Thanks Joey

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.