Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by "lgcareer2019@outlook.com" <lg...@outlook.com> on 2020/09/29 08:09:04 UTC

[DISCUSS]Which charset should we choose in mysql?

Hi folks,
    Welcome to discuss.I introduce the background and what should we discuss first,If here is something didn't described clearly,please feel free to tell me.
    Backgound
        Thougth dolphinscheduler uses the postgresql,but provided the mysql construct sql to make it easier to use mysql.
        The table of quartz used the charset `utf8mb4` and the other tables used the charset `utf8`.
        Here is a pr[1] suggest to use utf8.For the reason [2] below.

    What should we discuss?
        What should we discussed is that `Which charset should we choose in mysql`?
        Welcome everyone discuss,of course you can give other resolve method.

1.https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/pull/3689
2.When executing MySQL table creation statement, it will report that the index length is not enough.
this will happen: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

Thanks,
Gang Li

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS]Which charset should we choose in mysql?

Posted by "lgcareer2019@outlook.com" <lg...@outlook.com>.
Thanks for all everyone discussion,This discussion all agrees with use utf-8.
The pr[1] has already merged.
1.https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/pull/3689

Best Regards

From: lidong dai
Date: 2020-11-03 21:07
To: dev
Subject: Re: Re: [DISCUSS]Which charset should we choose in mysql?
so our conclusion is to use utf8

Best Regards
---------------
DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Lidong Dai 代立冬
dailidong66@gmail.com
---------------

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.

回复: Re: [DISCUSS]Which charset should we choose in mysql?

Posted by "jiny.li@foxmail.com" <ji...@foxmail.com>.
I agree we use utf8

jiny.li@foxmail.com

Posted by zhangchunyang <18...@163.com>.
UTF8 +1

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org>.
UTF8  +1

回复:[DISCUSS]Which charset should we choose in mysql?

From: CalvinKirs
Date: 2020-09-29 20:02
To: dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org

I think we don’t need utf8-mb4
Best  wishes!
CalvinKirs

Posted by boyi <zh...@163.com>.
 hi:

UTF-8 coding has met most of the requirements.

I think you should consider why it leads to: index column size too large

Instead of focusing on changing the encoding of the database

Normally, the database index should not be large

BoYi ZhangE-mail : zhangboyi_mx@163.com