Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <CO...@PROCESS.COM> on 1997/11/21 11:18:00 UTC

1.3b3 Win32 socket fixes? (fwd)

    Acked.  Ben, you want to address this one?

    #ken    P-)}
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:31:56 +0100
From: Laurent <wi...@mail.dotcom.fr>
Subject: Re: Apache 1.3b3 Released!

Hi,

I am very interested in the following topics since I think I have the
same problems. Are you able to explain me a little what was wrong with
Win32 and what was the fix or workaround. Maybe I can find directly the
answer in the apache code ?

> *) WIN32: Fix the code so CGIs can use socket calls on Windows.
>      The problem was that certain undocumented environment variables
>          needed for sockets to work under Win32 were not being passed.
>      [Frank Faubert <fr...@sane.com>]
> *) WIN32: Some Win32 systems terminated all responses after 16 kB.
>      This turns out to be a bug in Winsock - select() doesn't always
>      return the correct status.  [Ben Laurie]

Thanks in advance.

I am using apache for our intranet on an Alpha server and it works very
well. No problem at all. Good work !

Laurent.

--
Laurent DENIEL                | E-mail: deniel@worldnet.fr
Paris, FRANCE                 |         deniel@airsys.thomson.fr
                              | WWW   : http://www.worldnet.fr/~deniel
     All above opinions are personal, unless stated otherwise.

Re: 1.3b3 Win32 socket fixes? (fwd)

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     Acked.  Ben, you want to address this one?
>
>     #ken    P-)}
> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:31:56 +0100
> From: Laurent <wi...@mail.dotcom.fr>
> Subject: Re: Apache 1.3b3 Released!
>
> Hi,
>
> I am very interested in the following topics since I think I have the
> same problems. Are you able to explain me a little what was wrong with
> Win32 and what was the fix or workaround. Maybe I can find directly the
> answer in the apache code ?

The second is worked around in buff.c (sendwithtimeout()?), and the
first fixed in util_script.c (I think).

Cheers,

Ben.