Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Adeel Aslam <ad...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/14 09:14:25 UTC

Question Regarding Storm Schedular

Hi
Hope you are doing well. I am doing experiments in storm and i need o know
about Interface Storm Scheduler: *IScheduler. *I have implemented a new
scheduling schemes by implementing such interface. I want to know how can i
run the proposed scheduler to the remote cluster. Should i embed such
scheme with submitted Jar to nimbus??
Thanks for anticipation

Re: Question Regarding Storm Schedular

Posted by ni...@uom.gr.INVALID.
Hello Adeel,

after finishing your scheduler code, you package it into a jar file for
installation. You can probably use Maven to do it for you as it
automates everything well. You use the relevant POM with Maven to
compile your scheduler.

Then you have to place your jar file at $STORM_HOME/lib/ and tell Nimbus
to use the new scheduler. To do so you append the following line to the
configuration file at $STORM_HOME/conf/storm.yaml :

storm.scheduler: "storm.custom.scheduler.YourScheduler" --> this is
based on your package name

Now it's time to restart Nimbus and have it run with the new scheduler.
To do so you have to kill it in case it runs. Try “ps -aux | grep
nimbus”. You should be able to find the process and kill it with “kill”
command. Then start Nimbus again. You should see the expression "Using
custom scheduler" in nimbus.log to be sure that your scheduler is used.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Nicole