Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org> on 2016/11/08 06:35:19 UTC

Proposed November report for Drill

Hi Drill devs,

Below is the proposed report for the November Apache board meeting. Please
provide any comments/corrections. I'll be submitting this Wednesday Nov
9th, so please provide input before that.

Thanks

Parth

------------------- Report Begin -----------------------------

 - Drill is a Schema-free SQL Query Engine for Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud
Storage

## Issues:

 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:

 - Since the last board report, Drill has released version 1.8
 - Drill has added many new features referred to in the last report.
Dynamic UDFs, Parquet reader performance improvements, filter pushdown for
Parquet, and improved support for Metadata in the clients has been added.
 - Improved use of statistics, and security enhancements (including support
for Kerberos) continue to be in the works. Also in progress is an
improvement to the data locality algorithm.

## Health report:

 - There has been a good increase in the number posts in the dev and jira
lists. This reflects the increased activity on the development front. User
list activity is down this period, but not a concern at the moment.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 18 PMC members.
 - Sudheesh Katkam was added to the PMC on Wed Oct 05 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 28 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Hsuan-Yi Chu at Thu Apr 07 2016

## Releases:

 - 1.8.0 was released on Mon Aug 29 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@drill.apache.org:
    - 436 subscribers (down -10 in the last 3 months):

 - issues@drill.apache.org:

 - user@drill.apache.org:
    - 567 subscribers (down -14 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity:

Re: Proposed November report for Drill

Posted by Gautam Parai <gp...@maprtech.com>.
+1