Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Bertrand Martin <be...@sentrysoftware.com> on 2021/02/28 18:38:41 UTC

Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10

Hi,

Is there a release planned for Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10?

We need it to leverage the new fenced code block, properly exposing the language:
```java
System.out.println( "Hello, World!" );
```

Thank you!

Bertrand Martin
www.sentrysoftware.com<http://www.sentrysoftware.com/>

Re: Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.
I filed an issue for this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSITE-871

Whoever has time and a Mac can look into it.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

RE: Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10

Posted by Bertrand Martin <be...@sentrysoftware.com>.
Okay, this is now fixed, thank you Maarten!

What else do we need so Doxia 1.10 and then Maven Site Plugin 3.10 can be released?

Bertrand Martin
www.sentrysoftware.com

Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.15.7", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

and
 - Java version: 1.8.0_282, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK  - PASS

- Java version: 11.0.9, vendor: Oracle Corporation [ERROR] The following builds failed:
[ERROR] *  MSITE-665/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-512/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-506/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-497/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-484/pom.xml

- Java version: 15.0.1, vendor: N/A

[ERROR] The following builds failed:
[ERROR] *  MSITE-665/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-512/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-506/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-497/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-484/pom.xml

As I know - produced files during GitHub Actions are not available for anyone.

We can use artifacts to share build result or use new option of maven-invoker-plugin - streamLogsOnFailures [1]

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/examples/logs-for-failed-tests.html

pon., 1 mar 2021 o 08:50 Maarten Mulders <mt...@apache.org> napisał(a):

> I happen to have a MacBook and I can confirm the failures - they also
> happen on my machine with Java 11.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have much time on my hands right now to
> investigate, but I'd be happy to share the log files if somebody else
> needs them.
>
>  From what I've seen, three seem to be caused by a
> NullPointerException in the Maven Javadoc Plugin (MSITE-497, MSITE-506
> and MSITE-665). The Maven Site Plugin uses version 3.0.0-M1 so maybe a
> quick check could involve upgrading that to see if those issues are solved.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maarten
>

> On March 1st, 2021 at 00:33, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> > I don't know that either. Github tends to be configured so unless
> > you're a repo maintainer you can't see who's a repo maintainer. Not
> > my favorite github misfeature.
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:07 PM Bertrand Martin
> > <be...@sentrysoftware.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Elliotte,
> >>
> >> The problem is that nobody is able to tell how these builds are
> failing: no error messages, no logs, nothing.
> >>
> >> Who has access to GitHub' Actions logs for maven-site-plugin?
> >>
> >> Bertrand Martin
> >> www.sentrysoftware.com

Sławomir Jaranowski

Re: Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have run test locally:

Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.15.7", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

and
 - Java version: 1.8.0_282, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK  - PASS

- Java version: 11.0.9, vendor: Oracle Corporation
[ERROR] The following builds failed:
[ERROR] *  MSITE-665/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-512/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-506/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-497/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-484/pom.xml

- Java version: 15.0.1, vendor: N/A

[ERROR] The following builds failed:
[ERROR] *  MSITE-665/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-512/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-506/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-497/pom.xml
[ERROR] *  MSITE-484/pom.xml

As I know - produced files during GitHub Actions are not available for
anyone.

We can use artifacts to share build result or use new option of
maven-invoker-plugin - streamLogsOnFailures [1]

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/examples/logs-for-failed-tests.html

pon., 1 mar 2021 o 08:50 Maarten Mulders <mt...@apache.org> napisał(a):

> I happen to have a MacBook and I can confirm the failures - they also
> happen on my machine with Java 11.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have much time on my hands right now to
> investigate, but I'd be happy to share the log files if somebody else
> needs them.
>
>  From what I've seen, three seem to be caused by a NullPointerException
> in the Maven Javadoc Plugin (MSITE-497, MSITE-506 and MSITE-665). The
> Maven Site Plugin uses version 3.0.0-M1 so maybe a quick check could
> involve upgrading that to see if those issues are solved.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maarten
>

> On March 1st, 2021 at 00:33, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> > I don't know that either. Github tends to be configured so unless
> > you're a repo maintainer you can't see who's a repo maintainer. Not my
> > favorite github misfeature.
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:07 PM Bertrand Martin
> > <be...@sentrysoftware.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Elliotte,
> >>
> >> The problem is that nobody is able to tell how these builds are
> failing: no error messages, no logs, nothing.
> >>
> >> Who has access to GitHub' Actions logs for maven-site-plugin?
> >>
> >> Bertrand Martin
> >> www.sentrysoftware.com

Sławomir Jaranowski

Re: Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10

Posted by Maarten Mulders <mt...@apache.org>.
I happen to have a MacBook and I can confirm the failures - they also
happen on my machine with Java 11.

Unfortunately I don't have much time on my hands right now to
investigate, but I'd be happy to share the log files if somebody else
needs them.

 From what I've seen, three seem to be caused by a NullPointerException

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.
I don't know that either. Github tends to be configured so unless
you're a repo maintainer you can't see who's a repo maintainer. Not my
favorite github misfeature.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:07 PM Bertrand Martin
<be...@sentrysoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi Elliotte,
>
> The problem is that nobody is able to tell how these builds are failing: no error messages, no logs, nothing.
>
> Who has access to GitHub' Actions logs for maven-site-plugin?
>
> Bertrand Martin
> www.sentrysoftware.com

Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

RE: Doxia 1.10 and maven-site-plugin 3.10

Posted by Bertrand Martin <be...@sentrysoftware.com>.
Sorry, I need to clarify: we need to have access to the logs and errors of the integration tests (**/build.log).

Bertrand Martin
www.sentrysoftware.com

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.