Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be> on 2011/01/12 21:54:56 UTC

release:perform on a submodule using git

I have a large project with many independently releasable submodules.
They are stored in one large git repository.

When I want to release an individual module, the release:prepare seems
to work fine, but the release:perform tries to run a deploy on the
entire project.

Is there a way to indicate to the relesae plugin what the base directory
is for the module inside the repository?

I can work around this by interrupting the release:perform and doing a
manual "mvn -DperformRelease deploy" in the proper subdirectory of
target/checkout of the module, but it would be nice if the
release:perform would just work.

(I understand this using one large git repository is against the git
philosophy, but git submodule are difficult/unpractical to use and badly
supported in IDEs.

Joachim

Re: release:perform on a submodule using git

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.
On 01/12/2011 09:57 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hello,
> Have a look at  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-457

That looks like what I want. Thanks.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
Have a look at  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-457

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.
On 01/12/2011 09:59 PM, Jon Paynter wrote:
> Joachim,
> ditto on the git-submodule support (but that goes in a different thread).
>
> can you try running release:perform on the isolated submodule projects,
> instead of the superproject?
I was doing it on the subproject.
I guess the http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-457 would be a
suitable fix.