Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ma...@accenture.com on 2007/05/24 15:52:41 UTC

I need to override the HtmlNavigationMenuRenderer

I need to override the HtmlNavigationMenuRenderer because I want
enable/disable the menu items basing on application logic before
rendering it (or during rendering).

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Mario

Re: I need to override the HtmlNavigationMenuRenderer

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just write your renderer and add the following to your project's faces
config
 <render-kit>
        <renderer>
            <component-family>javax.faces.Panel</component-family>
            <renderer-type>org.apache.myfaces.Navigation</renderer-type>
            <renderer-class>your.extended.HtmlNavigationRenderer
</renderer-class>
        </renderer>
</render-kit>

Cagatay

On 5/24/07, Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Google is your friend.
>
> This article will hopefully be enough:
>

> https://blueprints.dev.java.net/bpcatalog/ee5/ajax/extendingRenderFunctionality.html
>
> On 5/24/07, mario.buonopane@accenture.com <ma...@accenture.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > No responses?
> >
> > Please!
> >

> > Mario

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
Thanks, but the question is:
I have analyzed the code of HtmlNavigationMenu and I didn't find a point
to override where to insert my logic to modify attibutes of items (for
example disable a specific item) before render it.

I hope my question is clear....

Mario

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Google is your friend.