Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/01 06:40:08 UTC

Re: High Network Trafic from client to Red5 when streaming screen

Hello Sonia,

this email is more about OM development :)))
let it be in this list

According codec replacement: there is JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-112
It was created back in 2012 ....
I have performed search for codec (Apache License compatible) but with
no luck :(

I see several possible way of improving screen capturing:
1) detect if ffmpeg is installed on client machine and use it for
screen capturing
2) use WebRTC screen sharing (5.0.0)

Hopefully I have answered your questions

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: High Network Trafic from client to Red5 when streaming screen

Posted by Sonia SWEngineer <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much Maxim for the information and advice.