Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ross Anderson <ro...@owbn.org> on 2005/06/14 07:06:28 UTC

Suggestions for gentoo box

I've inherited a mess from a previous ISP administrator. Has anyone here
had experience with gentoo, apache2 and embperl? If so could you suggest
best methods to install and configure for use on a gentoo box? Do I need
to build apache, mod_perl, all from source or can the gentoo packages be
used?

Thanks
Ross Anderson

RE: Suggestions for gentoo box

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I've inherited a mess from a previous ISP administrator. Has
> anyone here had experience with gentoo, apache2 and embperl?
> If so could you suggest best methods to install and configure
> for use on a gentoo box? Do I need to build apache, mod_perl,
> all from source or can the gentoo packages be used?

I didn't have tried building on Gentoo, but I would expect that the Gentoo
packages can be used

Gerald