Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/10/04 19:25:50 UTC

RE: Parsing error processing resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config .xml

I am no Unix guru, but it seems to me your path is not Unix-enough.  A "/"
in Unix is your root (home) directory, not relative unless interpretted by a
web server.  Try an absolute path to WEB-INF.

Mark

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Actually, from a (Unix) filesystem perspective, "/" is *the* root (the
directory all others live under).  Your "home" directory probably lives
at "~".

If what you are asking is how to represent the path to your
struts-config.xml file, I can say I always list mine as
"/WEB-INF/conf/struts-default.xml" for my default application.  Tomcat
does fine with this.  Check that your case is right - and that you
haven't made a typographical error somewhere.  Failing that, I'd be
tempted to say there's something special about WebLogic that's causing
the error.

... don't use an absolute path :-)  That's very non-portable.

Verify that you do, in fact, have a file named "struts-config.xml" that
is in the path you have specified.  Make sure the case matches and
everything.  I think this error can also be thrown if you have a really
messed up struts-config file.  If it worked under windows I'd think it'd
work under Unix though.

--
Eddie Bush