Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de> on 2011/09/06 09:38:35 UTC

JSPWiki JIRA issue states

Hi all,

I just had a look at the JSPWiki JIRA issues in order to sort them a bit. At the moment, it's a bit hard to get a good overview.

Is it OK to close all JSPWiki JIRA issues, which are "Resolved" in any of the already released versions?

In general, where would you see the difference between Resolved and Closed? I am used to the following workflow in larger projects and found it quite useful:
* developer team finishes work (fixes a bug etc.) and marks the issue as Resolved
* test team tests the fixed version and, if successful, marks the issue as Closed

However, I guess there are almost as many approaches as projects, so feel free to discuss.

Regards
 Florian

Re: JSPWiki JIRA issue states

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
no problem, thanks for the updates.

regards,
Harry
Op 11 sep. 2011 10:06 schreef "Florian Holeczek" <fl...@holeczek.de> het
volgende:
> Done. Sorry for the mail floods, folks ;-)
>
> Regards
> Florian

team. So if you feel better with marking them Closed, go right ahead :-)

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.com>.
Hi Florian,

I set a an issue to "Closed" when I have a release (or RC) containing the bugfix - tries to find some hard facts but only found

http://mojo.codehaus.org/development/performing-a-release.html

saying

"All open JIRA issues should be closed or agreed to be scheduled for a future version."

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl