Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2019/12/01 11:40:12 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Artifact Transfer 0.12.0 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven Artifact Transfer, version 0.12.0

The Maven Artifact Transfer Component is intended as an API to install, deploy and resolving artifacts in Maven 3.

https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-transfer/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.maven.shared</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-artifact-transfer</artifactId>
  <version>0.12.0</version>
</dependency>

You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page:

https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-transfer/download.cgi

Release Notes - Maven Shared Components - Version maven-artifact-transfer-0.12.0

** Bug
    * [MSHARED-818] - Issue management URL in maven-artifact-transfer returns 404

** Improvement
    * [MSHARED-811] - Improve handling of Metadata
    * [MSHARED-817] - Change eclipse aether dependency scope to provided

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Artifact Transfer 0.12.0 Released

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
There are 2 important open issues, and there's a request to adjust some packages
Apart from that the interfaces have stabilized enough, so we're pretty close to a 1.0.0

Robert
On 1-12-2019 13:03:21, Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org> wrote:
That's really interesting and looks extremely useful to my team's
work. I wish I'd known about this one a year ago. The page at
https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-transfer/comparison.html
that describes the difference between a project, an artifact, a
dependency, and a GAV is also the clearest description of these terms
I've seen yet. I should probably rework some of the other docs along
these lines.

How close is this to 1.0?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Artifact Transfer 0.12.0 Released

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org