Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torben Norling <to...@mind.se> on 2001/02/20 14:44:25 UTC

RE: Deployment of unzipped war files on Websphere 3.5.2

Hi Rafee,
Our experience with Websphere is that "90 percent" of the problems you get
into somehow has to do with the cryptic behaving Classpath / classloader.

Another problem we have is that we need to manually restart our "web-app"
after starting the application within Websphere for the first time in order
to get our Struts-stuff to work.

This is a Websphere bug where the ActionServlet (InitMapping) tries to do a
getResourceAsStream to fetch the struts-config.xml but faulty returns null.

We got an IBM fix (fix88944) from another person on this mailing list that
should have fixed this problem but it didn't. In fact things got worse....

We hope WAS fixpack 3 will fix these problems....

Good luck! // Torben