Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Gratton <mj...@recalldesign.com> on 2001/05/24 08:36:13 UTC

DOM Level 2 style / css implementation

Hi guys,

I've looked around and it appears that Xerces doesn't support the DOM
Level 2 StyleSheets or CSS features. Is there any interest in getting an
official implementation into Xerces, are there any projects underway
that I can help with, or am I better off providing my own in-house
implementation?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, the list archives have been
down for some time.

Thanks,
Mike.

--
Michael Gratton         Recall Design Pty Ltd   tel: +61 8 8217 0500
Application Architect   www.recalldesign.com    fax: +61 8 8217 0555

Re: DOM Level 2 style / css implementation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Contributions are always welcome though (just be aware that it won't go
> in xerces.jar, we don't want any more contrib in the main jar!)

More precisely, we want to break the existing contributions
into separate jar files. I think we're all tired of the 1MB
jar file. :)

Re: DOM Level 2 style / css implementation

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Michael Gratton wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've looked around and it appears that Xerces doesn't support the DOM
> Level 2 StyleSheets or CSS features. Is there any interest in getting an
> official implementation into Xerces, are there any projects underway
> that I can help with, or am I better off providing my own in-house
> implementation?

I'm not aware of anybody working on this. Xerces is more generally
server oriented and it doesn't have any gui, so I don't think there is
much motivation to work on this.
Contributions are always welcome though (just be aware that it won't go
in xerces.jar, we don't want any more contrib in the main jar!)
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group