Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by thomasg <th...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/18 15:16:01 UTC

Re: maxFieldLength value used for lucene indexing

Hi Marcel,

I've been trying to make the changes necessary so that you can configure the
Lucene index writer max field length property in the repository.xml in such
a manner:

        <SearchIndex
            <param name="maxFieldLength" value="100000"/>
        </SearchIndex>

I've tried various changes in AbstractIndex.java, MultiIndex.java and
SearchIndex.java but without success. The value is picked up from config but
searches still don't find words after the 10000 position. It it the case
that to get this change in I will need to find the fix myself or can this
task be assigned to someone who knows the code better?

Thanks for your help, Thomas
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: maxFieldLength value used for lucene indexing

Posted by thomasg <th...@hotmail.com>.
Thats great, thanks Marcel I'll give it a go in the morning,

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Thomas,

I've just committed a change that now allows to configure the
maxFieldLength.

svn revision in trunk: 394959

please make sure you also change the configuration in an existing
workspace.xml if you intend to use the new parameter.

regards
  marcel