Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marc Haisenko <ha...@webport.de> on 2004/09/13 09:21:21 UTC

Old SubVersion versions ?

Hi folks,
after upgrading (read: reinstalling) my webserver I've found that the
SubVersion that comes with SuSE 9.1 is 1.0.0 and uses the repository version
3 while I've used version 2 so far (I guess it was 0.37.x, but am not sure
about that). Now I have to dump with old version/load with new version but I
can't seem to find any old source tarballs on the subversion.tigris.org site.

Have I overlooked something ? And what is the latest version to support
repository version 2 ?

Thnx a lot,
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko
Systemspezialist

Re: Old SubVersion versions ?

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@webport.de>.
On Monday 13 September 2004 16:42, Mike Mason wrote:
> Marc Haisenko wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >after upgrading (read: reinstalling) my webserver I've found that the
> >SubVersion that comes with SuSE 9.1 is 1.0.0 and uses the repository
> > version 3 while I've used version 2 so far (I guess it was 0.37.x, but am
> > not sure about that). Now I have to dump with old version/load with new
> > version but I can't seem to find any old source tarballs on the
> > subversion.tigris.org site.
> >
> >Have I overlooked something ? And what is the latest version to support
> >repository version 2 ?
>
> The project status page is here:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/project_status.html
>
> It says that the latest version to require a dump/load cycle was 0.34,
> so you must have been using a version older than that (in which case you
> need 0.33.1 to dump your repository, then use 1.0.x to reload it (try
> and get 1.0.6 if you can, it has some bugfixes).
>
> You can get 0.33.1 from here:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=1079
>
> Cheers,
> Mike.

Thanks a lot. And yes, I was using 0.33.1, not 0.37.x, I now remember. Ran
solid as a rock for me, BTW :-)

--
Marc Haisenko
Systemspezialist

Re: Old SubVersion versions ?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 09:42, Mike Mason wrote:

> You can get 0.33.1 from here:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=1079

Also see
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/repos_upgrade_HOWTO