Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Nelson <Da...@motion-ind.com> on 2003/06/06 21:22:42 UTC

Tomcat/ Apache startup

I'm sure this is cake to this list so here goes nothing.

I really need some help.  I've followed John Turners install instructions for tomcat 4.1.18 on RedHat integrating with Apache 2 and all works like a champ.

Unfortunately, now that I'm trying to integrate a startup script for Tomcat, Apache and MySQL, things aren't going so well.  The app returns connection refused.  I'm fairly certain the startup scripts are incorrect.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?  I've been to no telling how many sites and googling and I can not figure this one out.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Tomcat/ Apache startup

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
What is your script trying to do?  Start all of them?  That's not the
optimal configuration.

You should really have 3 scripts, one for each.  Start them up in sequence
in rc3-5.d.  MySQL, then Tomcat, then Apache.

"Connection refused" generally means that something is already started on
that port....do you know which service is returning the connection refused
message?

John