Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 05:33:21 UTC

Issue with cluster

Hello Sebastian,

while testing cluster I found an issue:

Steps:
1) configure 2 servers to work in cluster mode (
http://openmeetings.apache.org/Clustering.html)
2) start both servers
3) login to each server with different users
Result: one of the servers has following Exception in the logs:

DEBUG 03-12 11:12:40.162 ScopeApplicationAdapter.java 295262 463
org.apache.openmeetings.remote.red5.ScopeApplicationAdapter
[NioProcessor-2] - -----------  getPublicSID
ERROR 03-12 11:12:40.214 SessionManager.java 295314 129
org.apache.openmeetings.session.SessionManager [NioProcessor-2] -
[getClientByStreamId]
java.lang.RuntimeException: more then one client was found streamId 0
server Server [id=1, name=master-105, address=192.168.72.105, port=5080,
user=admin, pass=12345, protocol=http, active=true, webapp=openmeetings,
deleted=false]
        at
org.apache.openmeetings.data.conference.dao.ClientDao.getClientByServerAndStreamId(ClientDao.java:115)
~[openmeetings-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]

I guess this is because streamid is not unique anymore (both client just
entered to the different red5 instances have streamId == 0)
>From the user perspective rtmp connection get dropped and client switched
to RTMPT (Try 1)

Room chat works as expected (the fact messages are not stored in the DB is
not so important until everybody left the room, after that room can be
opened on another server by auto-balancer)

According to the Administration->Connections tab connection dropped because
of issue above still listed as active .....

As you have mentioned before global chat is not working in this case. But
as you also have mentioned this limitation can be bypassed if "master"
server will be used as entry point by OM users)

I believe current cluster implementation has same limitations as previous
version, but better implemented.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax