Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Fabien Couble <fa...@capgemini.com> on 2006/07/06 09:44:29 UTC

org.apache.axis2.phaseresolver.PhaseException

Hi,
I'm trying to engage a module at the client side but I have the following exception
org.apache.axis2.phaseresolver.PhaseException: Invalid phases please recheck axis2.xml logging for the handler InFlowLogHandler

at org.apache.axis2.phaseresolver.PhaseHolder.addHandler(PhaseHolder.java:66)

at org.apache.axis2.phaseresolver.PhaseResolver.engageModuleToOperation(PhaseResolver.java:191)

at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisOperation.engageModule(AxisOperation.java:128)

at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.engageModule(AxisService.java:426)

at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.engageModule(ServiceClient.java:279)

at userguide.clients.EchoNonBlockingDualClient.main(EchoNonBlockingDualClient.java:68)

As you can see, Axis finds the module without any problems but I think there is a problem with my configuration files and more precisely axis2.xml. (as it is written)

I don't understand because I include the phase name logging into the axis2.xml like in the module.xml.

You can find enclosed my configuation files if you can have a look it could ce very nice...

Thanks for your help...

Fabien

Re: org.apache.axis2.phaseresolver.PhaseException

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
You need to have servlet.jar in your class path ;
you can either have geronimo-spec-servlet.jar or servlet-api.jar (you
can find this in side tomcat)

Fabien Couble wrote:

> Hi Deepal,
>
> What I want to do is simply engage a module at the client side because
> my goal is to implement the standard WS-Transfer.
> Actually, I just want to set up a simple example to see how to engage
> this module.
> I did what you told me and I still have the following Exception (on
> the client).
> Exception in thread "Axis2 Task" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis2.handlers.soapmonitor.SOAPMonitorHandler.invoke(SOAPMonitorHandler.java:107)
>

> at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:473)
>
> at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.sendFault(AxisEngine.java:610)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPWorker.processRequest(HTTPWorker.java:292)
>

> at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.SimpleConnectionThread.run(SimpleConnectionThread.java:92)
>

> at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>

> at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>

> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> See enclosed my client code.
>
> Regards
> Fabien
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Deepal Jayasinghe"
> <de...@opensource.lk>

>>> 10.68.150.83 failed to respond&#13;
>>> at

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Fabien;
pls see my comments below;

Posted by Fabien Couble <fa...@capgemini.com>.
[...]

respond</faultstring><detail><Exception>org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The
[...]
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The server 10.68.150.83 failed to

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Fabien

Posted by Fabien Couble <fa...@capgemini.com>.
I create my ServiceClient like this:

    ConfigurationContext configContext =
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem("C:/Program
Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF", null);

Posted by Susanne Kaiser <su...@freiheit.com>.
How do you create your ServiceClient?

If you use the default constructor, then the org/apache/axis2/deployment/axis2_default.xml configuration file from the axis2-kernel jar is going to be used instead of your adjusted axis2.xml.

To use my axis2.xml file, I created a ConfigurationContext first and then the ServiceClient with the context as parameter:

final URL axis2Url = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader().getResource( "conf/axis2.xml" );
final ConfigurationContext context = ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem( null, axis2Url.getPath() );

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.