Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrea Bertone <an...@bertoneadvertising.com> on 2000/11/21 05:03:46 UTC

Tomcat and UltraDev

Is anyone out there using UltraDev to develop jsp pages. I am trying to set
the run-time connection to no avail.. I have Tomcat installed on my Linux
server and have a database built with MySQL.

Please, can someone help... I wanna cry.

Andrea Bertone
www.bertoneadvertising.com
ph. 562.404.7300
fax 562.623.0027

RE: Tomcat and UltraDev

Posted by Andrea Bertone <an...@bertoneadvertising.com>.
Hi Val-

Thank you for offering to help... and hey, my maiden name is Tobin. Well, to
be honest with you, I don't know what my problem is. (I think I am really
too new to make a judgement) But, this is what I have done thus far:

Installed the Java Development Kit, The JSP update is in the extension
manager, Downloaded the rmijdbc.jar file from the Macromedia site... and
altered the Autoexec.bat. When trying all the possible combinations of
drivers and URLs from the Macromedia help file "Creating a JDBC database
connection" I am getting no driver avaible or class errors...

I have connected to the database from the MySQL win32 client... so I know
that part works... I just can't get UD configured.

Does that make sense?

Andrea
Posted by RV Tobin <rv...@home.com>.
Andrea, I'm using UltraDev with MySQL, and the driver I'm using is a JDBC driver (mm.mysql).  There are a number of things that you need to do to get it all set up, and it's not fun, but I can help you.  I'm using Tomcat with Apache, but the settings should still be the same.  What is the driver that you have, exactly, and, as Dom requested, what is the problem you are having?

Val Tobin

Re: Tomcat and UltraDev

  Which patch... I did download a few... can you explain further? please :o)
    If you're using ODBC-JDBC, go to their site and download the patch.

    Dom

RE: Tomcat and UltraDev

Posted by Andrea Bertone <an...@bertoneadvertising.com>.

Re: Tomcat and UltraDev